Research Discussion: OK // This Is The Questions Area // Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)

OK // This Is The Questions Area // Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)

This is the Questions Area.
Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)

Painius

> This is the Questions Area.
> Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
(a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
human size?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "It does not matter how slowly you go so
long as you do not stop."
> Confucius

P.P.S.: http://Astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://PoisonFalls.painellsworth.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 03:02:41 -0400, "Painius"
<*p@maol.com> wrote:

>> This is the Questions Area.
>> Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)
>
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
>Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
>for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
>the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
>(a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
>from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
>human size?

I'm not sure 100%

But I would say ...

#1.
http://www.newanimal.org/alien_asgard_stargate.jpg

#2.
http://files.shroomery.org/files/09-27/649995389-7_1024x768.jpg

As for number #1
Some advanced ETs would upgrade lower life forms all around the Galaxy
for the simple fact of creating spare bodies and soul containers in
case of emergency.

I studied a lot about the after-life and NDEs, etc, too.
Some of the light-beings there probably aren't Human.

We are in a big busy Universe.

Enjoy.

_____
P.S.
Don't laugh at #2.
I saw a documentary recently openly saying that software engineers
would never be able to come up with magic ideas without shrooms, etc.

Me personally, I don't take them.
I quit all 'good' drugs years ago.
And just have a beer around Friday.
Going to quit that too.
Closer to joining a GYM soon.

_____

"Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
> "Sir Gilligan Horry" <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote in message
>>

>> This is the Questions Area.
>> Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)
>
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
> Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
> for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
> the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
> (a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
> from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
> human size?

Well, of course it took longer than that.

The Great Rift Valley in Africa also had
something to do with it. For evolution to
change a species, a few conditions need to
be met.

1) Isolation

2) Envionmental changes

3) Time. A shitload of time.

Darth, you're not going totally kooky on me, are you?

--
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing

[SMF]
2010-03-16 13:16:50 EST
On 3/16/2010 2:02 AM, Painius wrote:

> Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
> for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
> the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
> (a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
> from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
> human size?

Probably because your assertion is not correct.

All The Tea In China Blue
2010-03-16 13:59:59 EST
In article <hnoee4$jpg$2@news.eternal-september.org>,
"[SMF]" <snbsmf@yahooligo.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/2010 2:02 AM, Painius wrote:
>
> > Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
> > for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
> > the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
> > (a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
> > from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
> > human size?
>
> Probably because your assertion is not correct.

Human evolution is considerred especially swift. The explanation given is a
breeding strategy (exogamy and mostly non-harems) that promote rapid
distribution of favourable innovations. Also as our ancestors became
intelligent, they could begin to predict and thereby guide their own evolution.

--
Damn the living - It's a lovely life. I'm whoever you want me to be.
Silver silverware - Where is the love? At least I can stay in character.

Painius
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 03:02:41 -0400, "Painius"
> <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote:
>>"Sir Gilligan Horry" <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> This is the Questions Area.
>>> Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)
>>
>> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
>>for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
>>the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
>>(a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
>>from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
>>human size?
>
> I'm not sure 100%
>
> But I would say ...
>

> #1.
> http://www.newanimal.org/alien_asgard_stargate.jpg
>

> #2.
> http://files.shroomery.org/files/09-27/649995389-7_1024x768.jpg
>

> As for number #1
> Some advanced ETs would upgrade lower life forms all around the Galaxy
> for the simple fact of creating spare bodies and soul containers in
> case of emergency.
>
> I studied a lot about the after-life and NDEs, etc, too.
> Some of the light-beings there probably aren't Human.
>
> We are in a big busy Universe.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> _____
> P.S.
> Don't laugh at #2.
> I saw a documentary recently openly saying that software engineers
> would never be able to come up with magic ideas without shrooms, etc.
>
> Me personally, I don't take them.
> I quit all 'good' drugs years ago.
> And just have a beer around Friday.
> Going to quit that too.
> Closer to joining a GYM soon.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thank you, Gil, i do appreciate your candor. What kind
of shroom? Are we talkin' psilocybin?...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin_mushrooms

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--

> "Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
>> "Sir Gilligan Horry" <GM@ga7rm5er.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> This is the Questions Area.
>>> Everyone Ask Your Questions Here !!! :)
>>
>> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>> Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
>> for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
>> the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
>> (a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
>> from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
>> human size?
>

> Well, of course it took longer than that.

So maybe 4 or 4 1/2 million years. Still does not
compare with the usual hundreds of million years
that it should take to evolve such a complex human
organ as the brain. It went from the size of a chimp's
brain to the size of Neandertal's brain in a very short
period of time on the geological time scale.

> The Great Rift Valley in Africa also had
> something to do with it. For evolution to
> change a species, a few conditions need to
> be met.
>
> 1) Isolation
>
> 2) Envionmental changes
>
> 3) Time. A shitload of time.
>

> Darth, you're not going totally kooky on me, are you?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The most complex part of the brain, the frontal lobe,
was a whole new addition to H.s.s. Even Neandertal
didn't have the frontal lobe. It was a Sapiens
innovation, a Sapiens exclusive. The frontal lobe
evolved in such an amazingly brief period of time,
that it's kooky to think that it was a natural event.

But, HMAN? You go ahead and think what you want
to think. Heaven knows, i can't stop you.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Darth eleVator

P.S.: "It does not matter how slowly you go so
long as you do not stop."
> Confucius

P.P.S.: http://Astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://PoisonFalls.painellsworth.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth

Painius
2010-03-17 21:37:29 EST
"All the Tea in China Blue" <chine.bleu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <hnoee4$jpg$2@news.eternal-september.org>,
> "[SMF]" <snbsmf@yahooligo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/16/2010 2:02 AM, Painius wrote:
>>
>> > Since it generally takes hundreds of millions of years
>> > for even the simplest trait to "evolve", how was it that
>> > the complex human brain only took 2 or 3 million years
>> > (a "blink of an eye" on the geological scale) to grow
>> > from the size of a chimpanzee brain to modern-day
>> > human size?
>>
>> Probably because your assertion is not correct.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's not my assertion. Everything i wrote is a matter of
scientific record. If you challenge any of it, then please
use a reliable source to show which of it is false.

> Human evolution is considerred especially swift. The explanation given is
> breeding strategy (exogamy and mostly non-harems) that promote rapid
> distribution of favourable innovations. Also as our ancestors became
> intelligent, they could begin to predict and thereby guide their own
> evolution.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry, but exogamy cannot even begin to explain the
explosive manner in which the brain evolved. However,
your words "breeding strategy" seem to ring some bells.
Up to now, evolution has been, from the perspective of
human beings, a "hit or miss" kind of thing, governed
mostly by sexual reproduction and by chance mutation.
Neither one of these governing factors can come close
to accounting for the relative sprint of the size of the
human brain. Anthropologists have no explanations.
Anything past this point is unevidenced and conjecture.

That's why i asked.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--

> "Painius" <starswirlernosp@maol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The most complex part of the brain, the frontal lobe,
>> was a whole new addition to H.s.s. Even Neandertal
>> didn't have the frontal lobe. It was a Sapiens
>> innovation, a Sapiens exclusive. The frontal lobe
>> evolved in such an amazingly brief period of time,
>> that it's kooky to think that it was a natural event.
>>
>> But, HMAN? You go ahead and think what you want
>> to think. Heaven knows, i can't stop you.
>
> OK. So what is your opinion on why it
> developed so 'suddenly' ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What thread is this? <g>

Siriusly, it seems likely that if it was not a "natural"
event, that is, an event that only "Mother Nature" had
control over, then it had to have been an "unnatural"
event. As for the "nature" of this unnatural event? i
promise you, i have not the slightest clue, and ergo
no opinion whatsoever.

For me, it is a most tantalizing mystery!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!