Research Discussion: Pi Day

Pi Day

* Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
* A: Pumpkin Pi!

* Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
circumference by its diameter?
* A: Moon Pi.

* Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
by its diameter?
* A: Pi in the sky.

* Mathematician: Pi r squared"
* Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!

Uncle Ben
2010-03-14 10:02:21 EST
On Mar 14, 8:45 am, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
>     * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>
>     * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
> circumference by its diameter?
>     * A: Moon Pi.
>
>     * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
> by its diameter?
>     * A: Pi in the sky.
>
>     * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
>     * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!

Q: How do you protect your calculator from the rain?
A: Open a can-o-pi

Brian E. Clark
2010-03-14 13:46:10 EST
In article <hnilpb$sgv$1@hvac.motzarella.org>,
m*c@gmail.com says...

> * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
> * A: Pumpkin Pi!

Three math students working at a bakery got into a dispute
about the roundness of the baking tins, and before long
they launched a full-fledged pi fight.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

Double-A
2010-03-14 14:04:08 EST
On Mar 14, 5:45 am, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
>     * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>
>     * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
> circumference by its diameter?
>     * A: Moon Pi.
>
>     * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
> by its diameter?
>     * A: Pi in the sky.
>
>     * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
>     * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!

Q: What do you get when you measure the circumference of a black hole
by it's "measured" diameter?
A: Approaching zero.

Double-A

Sam Wormley
2010-03-14 14:13:25 EST
On 3/14/10 2:10 PM, [SMF] wrote:
> On 3/14/2010 12:04 PM, Double-A wrote:
>> On Mar 14, 5:45 am, "HVAC"<mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
>>> * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>>>
>>> * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
>>> circumference by its diameter?
>>> * A: Moon Pi.
>>>
>>> * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
>>> by its diameter?
>>> * A: Pi in the sky.
>>>
>>> * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
>>> * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!
>>

>> Q: What do you get when you measure the circumference of a black hole
>> by it's "measured" diameter?
>> A: Approaching zero.
>>
>> Double-A
>>

> That was not approPiate.

You are being too PIous!

Larry
2010-03-14 14:33:06 EST
"HVAC" <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote in

> * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
> * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>
> * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
> circumference by its diameter?
> * A: Moon Pi.
>

> * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its
> circumference
> by its diameter?
> * A: Pi in the sky.
>

> * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
> * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!

Slow day in alt.astronomy?.....(c;]

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

[SMF]
2010-03-14 15:10:17 EST
On 3/14/2010 12:04 PM, Double-A wrote:
> On Mar 14, 5:45 am, "HVAC"<mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
>> * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>>
>> * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
>> circumference by its diameter?
>> * A: Moon Pi.
>>
>> * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
>> by its diameter?
>> * A: Pi in the sky.
>>
>> * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
>> * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!
>

> Q: What do you get when you measure the circumference of a black hole
> by it's "measured" diameter?
> A: Approaching zero.
>
> Double-A

That was not approPiate.

Bcon1
2010-03-14 18:56:00 EST
PiE = 3.16R =+including circles, Relevance? Question here
"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 3/14/10 2:10 PM, [SMF] wrote:

>>> Q: What do you get when you measure the circumference of a black hole
>>> by it's "measured" diameter?
>>> A: Approaching zero.
>>>
>>> Double-A
>>>

>> That was not approPiate.
>

> You are being too PIous!

Sjouke Burry
2010-03-14 19:53:54 EST
Double-A wrote:
> On Mar 14, 5:45 am, "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Q: What do you get when you cut a jack o'lantern by its diameter?
>> * A: Pumpkin Pi!
>>
>> * Q: What do you get when you take green cheese and divide its
>> circumference by its diameter?
>> * A: Moon Pi.
>>
>> * Q:What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference
>> by its diameter?
>> * A: Pi in the sky.
>>
>> * Mathematician: Pi r squared"
>> * Baker: No! Pies are round, cornbread are square!
>

> Q: What do you get when you measure the circumference of a black hole
> by it's "measured" diameter?

First your ruler gets sucked in.
Then you experience a horrible collapse.
While you are collapsing you and your ruler will read
a measurement of zero( meter, mile or yard).

[SMF]
2010-03-14 20:28:07 EST
On 3/14/2010 12:13 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:

> You are being too PIous!

Does that mean I need to get a flute and go to Hamelin?