Research Discussion: Ultra-Efficient Gas Engine Passes Test

Ultra-Efficient Gas Engine Passes Test

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

Bert
2010-03-10 07:47:25 EST
On Mar 10, 6:54 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

Winkler should have evolved to be best gas engine. It goes round and
round. You can't ask for more than that TreBert

On Mar 10, 3:54 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

Hot fuel and loads of injection pressure has always been a good idea,
though most of us are afraid of such big words, such as using h2o2
along with a little bit of hydrocarbon is simply not doable regardless
of the failsafe technology at hand.

Waste heat can bring that fuel up to at least 200F, and whatever boost
pressure is relatively easy to come by. Without using h2o2, 65 mpg is
about as good as it gets without a battery and the electric motor
assist, however w/h2o2 and hybrid electric is where that mpg of
hydrocarbon consumption goes <200.

~ BG

On Mar 10, 4:47 am, bert <herbertglazie...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 10, 6:54 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f
>
> Winkler  should have evolved to be best gas engine. It goes round and
> round. You can't ask for more than that   TreBert

Yes, those extra piston cycles are a wast of energy, whereas the
rotary method might give <75 mpg using that same hot fuel and high
pressure injection, and even better if the engine were mostly ceramic
where it counts.

~ BG.

Ben Kaufman
2010-03-10 09:10:55 EST
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 03:54:50 -0800 (PST), HVAC <mr.hvac@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

64mpg in that sleek vehicle they show? Maybe if one chopped down a Prius to
the aerodynamic profile of that test vehicle and drove it under similar
conditions it would get better results too? Oh, and is it immune to sticking
throttle? :-)

Ben

wrote:

>http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

With a grain of salt . . .

How many "breakthrough" vehicle technologies have made it to
commercial profitability? A new one comes down the pike about once a
week.

This could be a lot of hype to sell the "initial public offering," of
their stock.

On Mar 10, 7:52 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 03:54:50 -0800 (PST), HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f
>
> With a grain of salt . . .
>
> How many "breakthrough" vehicle technologies have made it to
> commercial profitability?  A new one comes down the pike about once a
> week.
>
> This could be a lot of hype to sell the "initial public offering," of
> their stock.
>
> --

So what, you have no problems accepting and paying for anything that's
NASA or mainstream government hype.

~ BG

On Mar 10, 7:52 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 03:54:50 -0800 (PST), HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f
>
> With a grain of salt . . .
>
> How many "breakthrough" vehicle technologies have made it to
> commercial profitability? A new one comes down the pike about once a
> week.
>
> This could be a lot of hype to sell the "initial public offering," of
> their stock.
>
> --

So what, you have no problems accepting and paying for anything that's
NASA or mainstream government hype.

~ BG
***************************************
That, you dummy, is called "Taxes" and we all pay them and have no
control over their distribution ... correction, all of us who work for
a living ...

"bert" <herbertglazier79@msn.com> wrote in message
On Mar 10, 6:54 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

Winkler should have evolved to be best gas engine. It goes round and
round. You can't ask for more than that TreBert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I CAN ask for more than that.....

Your 'Winkler' engine is the Fonz engine Ehhhhhh!

But I'm sure that in your retarded way, you
meant the 'Wankel' engine.

Bert, no offense, but you are a dummy.

EHHHHHHHH !

--

"I don't want to believe, I want to KNOW" - Carl Sagan

Benj
2010-03-10 14:47:27 EST
On Mar 10, 6:54 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/24701/?a=f

What a load of trash. It shows you how all the uncritical liberal
blather has taken the place of science and engineering in the world.
Everyone is all breathless over some "new" car getting over 60 MPG
highway. Gosh what an absolute BREAKTHROUGH! Feh!

Hey, it's no wonder General Motors was put out of business by their
management. They were all born without brains. I happen to be driving
a Geo Metro. Yeah from way back then. Easily gets 60 MPG highway. No,
you can't buy one now. Today the automakers tell you that 35 is
really, really excellent highway mileage now. Want to venture a guess
how high my mileage would go if the Geo were made out of carbon fiber
composite? I'd be safer too! This whole thing reminds me of the
recent press release when MIT discovered that magnetic induction
actually transmits power over a distance. [only a century too late!]
Want a mileage "breakthrough"? No problem. Just have the "new" CEO of
General Motors have someone dig back through the file cabinets marked
"Old Geo Metro designs"! Idiots!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)