Research Discussion: These "objects" Are Just So Fuckin Far Away.

These "objects" Are Just So Fuckin Far Away.

ReeferGuy
2010-03-03 02:40:48 EST

Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.

It has traveled just 2 light-days.

The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.

Forget all the technical problems.

The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.

Distance . . . distance . . . distance.

So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
light.

1/300th of 1%.

The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
miles per second, 25,200 mph.

And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.

1/300th of 1%.

I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
speed"

Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
Proximi would take 162,000 years.

One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.

We got a ways to go.

                      ReeferGuy™
                      Queens  NY

"ReeferGuy" <ReeferGuy@webtv.net> wrote in message

[...]

ReeferGuyT
Queens NY

Oh no we don't !!!!
Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed". He's got
Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
possibly go wrong .......
(amended headers)

> "ReeferGuy" <ReeferGuy@webtv.net> wrote in message
>

> Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.
>
> It has traveled just 2 light-days.
>
> The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.
>
> Forget all the technical problems.
>
> The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.
>
> Distance . . . distance . . . distance.
>
> So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
> light.
>
> 1/300th of 1%.
>
> The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
> miles per second, 25,200 mph.
>
> And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.
>
> 1/300th of 1%.
>
> I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
> speed"
>
> Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>
> One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>
> We got a ways to go.
>

> ReeferGuyT
> Queens NY

> Oh no we don't !!!!
> Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
> he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed". He's got
> Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
> possibly go wrong .......
> (amended headers)

Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls up
to his trailer park.

Dmaster
2010-03-03 13:07:43 EST
On Mar 3, 8:30 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>
> One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.

I think you need to rethink the fuel figure. Once the Shuttle has
reached escape velocity from our Earth and Sun, it no longer needs to
consume fuel. It can coast all the way.

Dan (Woj...)

The China Blue Lagoon
2010-03-03 13:15:35 EST
In article <a3bab6d8-c597-4572-a4fd-ee9baa31668a@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
dmaster <dan.woj@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 8:30\ufffdam, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> > Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> > Proximi would take 162,000 years.
> >
> > One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> > tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>
> I think you need to rethink the fuel figure. Once the Shuttle has
> reached escape velocity from our Earth and Sun, it no longer needs to
> consume fuel. It can coast all the way.

We already know how to make a more powerful rocket, but it can't be used in the
atmosphere. And whether a trip is too long depends on how long you live.

--
Damn the living - It's a lovely life. I'm whoever you want me to be.
Silver silverware - Where is the love? At least I can stay in character.

Jake
2010-03-03 18:07:34 EST
On Mar 3, 11:43 am, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message

> > "ReeferGuy" <Reefer...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
> > Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.
>
> > It has traveled just 2 light-days.
>
> > The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.
>
> > Forget all the technical problems.
>
> > The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.
>
> > Distance . . . distance . . . distance.
>
> > So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
> > light.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
> > miles per second, 25,200 mph.
>
> > And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
> > speed"
>
> > Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> > Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>
> > One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> > tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>
> > We got a ways to go.
>
> > ReeferGuyT
> > Queens NY
>
> >        *****************************************
> > Oh no we don't !!!!
> > Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
> > he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed".  He's got
> > Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
> > possibly go wrong .......
> > (amended headers)
>
> Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls up
> to his trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, while still wearing a days old, funky assed Depends disposable
diaper. Still waiting on his loyal nurse to come and change him.
Jake.

On Mar 3, 11:43 am, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message

> > "ReeferGuy" <Reefer...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
> > Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.
>
> > It has traveled just 2 light-days.
>
> > The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.
>
> > Forget all the technical problems.
>
> > The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.
>
> > Distance . . . distance . . . distance.
>
> > So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
> > light.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
> > miles per second, 25,200 mph.
>
> > And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
> > speed"
>
> > Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> > Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>
> > One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> > tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>
> > We got a ways to go.
>
> > ReeferGuyT
> > Queens NY

> > Oh no we don't !!!!
> > Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
> > he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed". He's got
> > Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
> > possibly go wrong .......
> > (amended headers)
>
> Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls up
> to his trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, while still wearing a days old, funky assed Depends disposable
diaper. Still waiting on his loyal nurse to come and change him.
Jake.

Hagar uses Depends Reusable. He just shakes them out and puts them back on.

On Mar 3, 11:43 am, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message

> > "ReeferGuy" <Reefer...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>
> > Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.
>
> > It has traveled just 2 light-days.
>
> > The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.
>
> > Forget all the technical problems.
>
> > The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.
>
> > Distance . . . distance . . . distance.
>
> > So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
> > light.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
> > miles per second, 25,200 mph.
>
> > And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.
>
> > 1/300th of 1%.
>
> > I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
> > speed"
>
> > Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to Alpha
> > Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>
> > One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel, the
> > tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>
> > We got a ways to go.
>
> > ReeferGuyT
> > Queens NY

> > Oh no we don't !!!!
> > Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
> > he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed". He's got
> > Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
> > possibly go wrong .......
> > (amended headers)
>
> Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls up
> to his trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, while still wearing a days old, funky assed Depends disposable
diaper. Still waiting on his loyal nurse to come and change him.
Jake.
**********************************
You see, Jake, you are living proof of what's wrong with publicly funded
healthcare. I still think your dad should do hard time for having sexual
relations with a retarded ape.

> "jake" <blueschief@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 3, 11:43 am, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
>> "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message

>> > "ReeferGuy" <Reefer...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > Voyager 2 has been traveling for almost 33 years.
>>
>> > It has traveled just 2 light-days.
>>
>> > The distances out there are just incomprehensible to us.
>>
>> > Forget all the technical problems.
>>
>> > The one "problem" will ALWAYS BE distance.
>>
>> > Distance . . . distance . . . distance.
>>
>> > So far, the fastest man has traveled is 1/300th of 1% of the speed of
>> > light.
>>
>> > 1/300th of 1%.
>>
>> > The Apollo astronauts, in order to reach escape velocity, reached 7
>> > miles per second, 25,200 mph.
>>
>> > And, they didn't keep up that speed for very long.
>>
>> > 1/300th of 1%.
>>
>> > I think we have a way to go before some captain can order up "warp
>> > speed"
>>
>> > Given the velocity that the Shuttle travels, 18,000 mph, a trip to
>> > Alpha
>> > Proximi would take 162,000 years.
>>
>> > One thing more . . . given the rate at which the Shuttle burns fuel,
>> > the
>> > tank for such a mission would have to larger than the known universe.
>>
>> > We got a ways to go.
>>
>> > ReeferGuyT
>> > Queens NY
>>
>> > *****************************************
>> > Oh no we don't !!!!
>> > Once Obama gives us that Hopey/Changey healthcare, free, of course,
>> > he'll skip all the other shit and go to work on "warp-speed". He's got
>> > Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid on the team ... what could
>> > possibly go wrong .......
>> > (amended headers)
>>
>> Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls
>> up
>> to his trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

> Yeah, while still wearing a days old, funky assed Depends disposable
> diaper. Still waiting on his loyal nurse to come and change him.
> Jake.
> **********************************
> You see, Jake, you are living proof of what's wrong with publicly funded
> healthcare. I still think your dad should do hard time for having sexual
> relations with a retarded ape.

Don't mind Hagar. Afterall, he's living proof that monkeys fucked buffalo.

Bert
2010-03-04 07:58:08 EST
On Mar 3, 9:59 pm, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> "Hagar" <hagen@sahm,name> wrote in message

> > "jake" <bluesch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Mar 3, 11:43 am, "Notroll2010" <notroll2...@charter.net> wrote:
> >> "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote in message

> >> Hagar moves at light speed when the truck with the govmint cheese rolls
> >> up
> >> to his trailer park.- Hide quoted text -

> > Yeah, while still wearing a days old, funky assed Depends disposable
> > diaper.  Still waiting on his loyal nurse to come and change him.
> > Jake.
> > You see, Jake, you are living proof of what's wrong with publicly funded
> > healthcare.  I still think your dad should do hard time for having sexual
> > relations with a retarded ape.
>
> Don't mind Hagar.  Afterall, he's living proof that monkeys fucked buffalo.- Hide quoted text -

size is relative. reality is its to big to explore. radio telescopes
will always be best trebert