Research Discussion: Put That In Your Pipe ... And Thank Liberal ...

Put That In Your Pipe ... And Thank Liberal ...

How many zeros in a billion???

This is too true to be funny. The next time you hear a politician use the
word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the
'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency
did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of it's
releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living
in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth
on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20
minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain.... let's take a look at New
Orleans ...It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator: Mary Landrieu (D) is presently asking Congress for 250
BILLION DOLLARS to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number..what does it
mean?A. Well... if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
(every man, woman, and child) you "should" each get $516,528..

B. Or.... if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home
gets $1,329,787.

C. Or.... if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D. C.....HELLO!

Are all your calculators broken??

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL License Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax

Gift Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Tax

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service charge taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax (Truckers)

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Sales Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges,

Tax Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Tax

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...and our nation was the most
prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt....

We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to raise
the kids ..

What happened?

Can you spell 'politicians!'

And .. I still have to press '1' for English.

WTF happened ???

That ole black magic !!!

_//!! _//!!
2010-01-01 06:55:41 EST
"Hagar" <hsahm@surewest.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
>
> Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
>
> Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges,
>
> Tax Telephone State and Local Tax
>
> Telephone Usage Charge Tax
>
> Utility Tax
>
> Vehicle License Registration Tax
>
> Vehicle Sales Tax
>
> Watercraft Registration Tax
>
> Well Permit Tax
>
> Workers Compensation Tax
>
> STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
>
> Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...and our nation was the most
> prosperous in the world.
>
> We had absolutely no national debt....
>
> We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to
> raise the kids ..
>
> What happened?
>
> Can you spell 'politicians!'
>
> And .. I still have to press '1' for English.

*I* say bring back the Window Tax!

(The Window Tax was introduced in the middle ages to raise money for the
King's
coffers. I.O.W, the more Windows you had in your home, the more tax you
paid).

_//!! _//!!
2010-01-01 07:03:49 EST
"_//!! _//!!" <TheInvisibleAngel@freenews.netfront.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>> Vehicle License Registration Tax
>>
>> Vehicle Sales Tax
>>
>> Watercraft Registration Tax
>>
>> Well Permit Tax
>>
>> Workers Compensation Tax
>>
>> STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
>>
>> Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...and our nation was the
>> most prosperous in the world.
>>
>> We had absolutely no national debt....
>>
>> We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to
>> raise the kids ..
>>
>> What happened?
>>
>> Can you spell 'politicians!'
>>
>> And .. I still have to press '1' for English.
>>
>> WTF happened ???
>>
>> That ole black magic !!!
>
> *I* say bring back the Window Tax! Duck Houses included!
>
> (The Window Tax was introduced in the middle ages to raise money for the
> King's coffers. I.O.W, the more Windows you had in your home, the more

_//!! _//!!
2010-01-01 07:21:54 EST
> [...]
>>>
>>> Vehicle License Registration Tax
>>>
>>> Vehicle Sales Tax
>>>
>>> Watercraft Registration Tax
>>>
>>> Well Permit Tax
>>>
>>> Workers Compensation Tax
>>>
>>> STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
>>>
>>> Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...and our nation was the
>>> most prosperous in the world.
>>>
>>> We had absolutely no national debt....
>>>
>>> We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to
>>> raise the kids ..
>>>
>>> What happened?
>>>
>>> Can you spell 'politicians!'
>>>
>>> And .. I still have to press '1' for English.
>>>
>>> WTF happened ???
>>>
>>> That ole black magic !!!
>>
>> *I* say bring back the Window Tax! Duck Houses included!
>>
>> (The Window Tax was introduced in the middle ages to raise money for the
>> King's coffers. I.O.W, the more Windows you had in your home, the more

Possibly why it's also called 'The Dark Ages'. Everybody went back to
living in
caves again?

Bert
2010-01-01 09:58:35 EST
On Jan 1, 6:55 am, "_//!! _//!!"
> [...]
>
> > Vehicle Sales Tax
>
> > Watercraft Registration Tax
>
> > Well Permit Tax
>
> > Workers Compensation Tax
>
> > STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
>
> > Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...and our nation was the most
> > prosperous in the world.
>
> > We had absolutely no national debt....
>
> > We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to
> > raise the kids ..
>
> > What happened?
>
> > Can you spell 'politicians!'
>
> > And .. I still have to press '1' for English.
>
> > WTF happened ???
>
> > That ole black magic !!!
>
> *I* say bring back the Window Tax!
>
> (The Window Tax was introduced in the middle ages to raise money for the
> King's
> coffers.  I.O.W, the more Windows you had in your home, the more tax you

Hagar Money is relative. I can see Tiger having a billion bucks,and a
rocket that takes man to the moon,but when those Mafia republicans say
each of those 5 shuttle toilets cost $25,000,000 I find that hard to
relate go figure Bert

Nightcrawler
2010-01-01 12:12:37 EST
On 1/1/2010 5:55 AM, _//!! _//!! wrote:

> *I* say bring back the Window Tax!

Friggin' skank ho. Some bitches already charge money for
looking through the glass.