Research Discussion: Da Nite Bfo Crizzmus

Da Nite Bfo Crizzmus

Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
everybody be sleepin' and da sleepin' be good.
We hunged up our stockins, an hoped like all heck,
dat dear Ol' Obama's, gunna brang us our checks.

All of da family, was ly'in on the flow,
my sister wif her gurlfriend, and my brother wif some hoe.
Ashtrays was all full , empty beer cans and all
when I heared such a fuss, I thunk...."Sh'eet, it
must be da law".

I pulled the sheet off da windoe and what I'ze could see,
I was spectin' the sherrif, wif a warrent fo' me.
But what did I see, made me say, "Laaawd look at dat".
dere was a huge watermelon, pulled by 8 big-ass rats.

Now over all of da years, Santy Claws he be white,
but it looks like us brotha's, got a black un' tonight.
Faster than a poe'lice car, my homeboy he came,
and whupped up on dem rats, as he called dem by name.

On Biden, On Jessie, On Polosi and Hillary Who
On Fannie, On Freddi, On Ayers, and Slick Willy too.
Obama landed dat melon, right there in da street,
I knowed it fo' sho', - can you believe that Sh'eet!.

Dat Santy didn't need no chimney, he picked da lock on my doe,
an I sez to myself, "Son o' bitch...he don did dis befoe!"
He had a big bag, full of presents - at first I suspeck?
Wif "Air Jordans" and fake gold, to wear roun my neck.

But he left me no presents, just started stealin my shit.
He got my guns and my crack, and my new burglers kit.
Den, wif my crap in his bag, out da windoe he flew,
I sho' woulda shanked him, but he snagged my knife too.

He jumped back on dat melon, wif out even a hitch,
and waz gone in two seconds, "democrat son of a bitch."
So nex year I be hopin', a white Santy we git,
'cause a black Santy Claws, just ain't worf a shit.

Haiku Jones
2009-12-27 17:48:50 EST
On Dec 27, 3:29 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
> everybody be sleepin'

"everybody be sleepin'"? Why the fuck is it that
people who try to write parodies in AAVE turn
out to be illiterate in AAVE?

Haiku Jones

Nightcrawler
2009-12-28 00:26:31 EST
On 12/27/2009 4:48 PM, haiku jones wrote:
> On Dec 27, 3:29 pm, HVAC<mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
>> everybody be sleepin'
>

> "everybody be sleepin'"? Why the fuck is it that
> people who try to write parodies in AAVE turn
> out to be illiterate in AAVE?
>

> Haiku Jones

I'm still trying to figure out why people in AAVE are such
idiots. Let's solve one problem at a time.

Haiku Jones
2009-12-30 15:52:31 EST
On Dec 27, 10:26 pm, Nightcrawler <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:
> On 12/27/2009 4:48 PM, haiku jones wrote:
>
> > On Dec 27, 3:29 pm, HVAC<mr.h...@gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
> >> everybody be sleepin'
>
> > "everybody be sleepin'"?   Why the fuck is it that
> > people who try to write parodies in AAVE turn
> > out to be illiterate in AAVE?
>
> > Haiku Jones
>
> I'm still trying to figure out why people in AAVE are such
> idiots.  Let's solve one problem at a time.

Um...actually, "AAVE" is "African-American Vernacular
English", also known as "Black English". No grammatical
speaker of Black English would say "everybody be sleepin'".
in this context, any more than a grammatical speaker
of Standard English would say "everybody sleeps"
in the same phrase.

Haiku Jones

"haiku jones" <575jones@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 27, 10:26 pm, Nightcrawler <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:
> On 12/27/2009 4:48 PM, haiku jones wrote:
>
> > On Dec 27, 3:29 pm, HVAC<mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Wus da night afo' Crizzmus, and all thru da hood,
> >> everybody be sleepin'
>
> > "everybody be sleepin'"? Why the fuck is it that
> > people who try to write parodies in AAVE turn
> > out to be illiterate in AAVE?
>
> > Haiku Jones
>
> I'm still trying to figure out why people in AAVE are such
> idiots. Let's solve one problem at a time.

Um...actually, "AAVE" is "African-American Vernacular
English", also known as "Black English". No grammatical
speaker of Black English would say "everybody be sleepin'".
in this context, any more than a grammatical speaker
of Standard English would say "everybody sleeps"
in the same phrase.

Haiku Jones

********************************
That be like Ebonics ???

Saul Levy
2009-12-30 17:58:32 EST
How would a FAKE, ALEEUN PORPOISE say it?

Saul Levy

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:52:31 -0800 (PST), haiku jones
<*s@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 27, 10:26 pm, Nightcrawler <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:

>> > "everybody be sleepin'"?   Why the fuck is it that
>> > people who try to write parodies in AAVE turn
>> > out to be illiterate in AAVE?
>>
>> > Haiku Jones
>>
>> I'm still trying to figure out why people in AAVE are such
>> idiots.  Let's solve one problem at a time.
>

>Um...actually, "AAVE" is "African-American Vernacular
>English", also known as "Black English". No grammatical
>speaker of Black English would say "everybody be sleepin'".
>in this context, any more than a grammatical speaker
>of Standard English would say "everybody sleeps"
>in the same phrase.
>

>Haiku Jones

Nightcrawler
2009-12-30 18:57:38 EST
On 12/30/2009 4:58 PM, Saul Levy wrote:
> How would a FAKE, ALEEUN PORPOISE say it?
>
> Saul Levy

Mix the these two together.

http://www.entertonement.com/collections/8881/Flipper

http://www.entertonement.com/collections/8491/chewbacca

"Nightcrawler" <Dirtydeeds@dirtcheap.net> wrote in message
> On 12/30/2009 4:58 PM, Saul Levy wrote:
>> How would a FAKE, ALEEUN PORPOISE say it?
>>
>> Saul Levy
>
> Mix the these two together.
>
> http://www.entertonement.com/collections/8491/chewbacca

>From an Obama Family Picture ???

Nightcrawler
2009-12-31 00:43:07 EST
On 12/30/2009 8:16 PM, Hagar wrote:

> From an Obama Family Picture ???

I knew there were implications that he was an alien, but
an aleeun?