Research Discussion: Yet Another Doomsday Prediction Going Down In Flames ...

Yet Another Doomsday Prediction Going Down In Flames ...
Posts: 12

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Hagar
2009-12-01 10:12:08 EST
Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends



BradGuth
2009-12-01 11:02:31 EST
On Dec 1, 7:12 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends

We got lucky, or are you saying that a near miss is the same thing as
not getting nailed by a lethal bullet with your name on it?

Are you saying global warming is not causing horrific problems?

~ BG

Hagar
2009-12-01 14:49:10 EST

"BradGuth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1a60c5dc-edf1-40e2-aeb8-5baddc0b21aa@u8g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 1, 7:12 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends

We got lucky, or are you saying that a near miss is the same thing as
not getting nailed by a lethal bullet with your name on it?

Are you saying global warming is not causing horrific problems?

~ BG
************************************
No, but it says a lot about the phony science concocted by you
Global Warming freaks, who predicted an ever increasing slew
of Hurricanes, Typhoons and Tornados with your of sniveling
"Climate Change" lamentations, so all your other apocalyptic
predictions should be taken with a huge rock of salt, as well.



BradGuth
2009-12-01 14:56:54 EST
On Dec 1, 11:49 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> "BradGuth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1a60c5dc-edf1-40e2-aeb8-5baddc0b21aa@u8g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 1, 7:12 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
>
> > Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends
>
> We got lucky, or are you saying that a near miss is the same thing as
> not getting nailed by a lethal bullet with your name on it?
>
> Are you saying global warming is not causing horrific problems?
>
>  ~ BG
>             ************************************
> No, but it says a lot about the phony science concocted by you
> Global Warming freaks, who predicted an ever increasing  slew
> of Hurricanes, Typhoons and Tornados with your of sniveling
> "Climate Change" lamentations, so all your other apocalyptic
> predictions should be taken with a huge rock of salt, as well.

In many areas of Earth those storms are worse, and the amounts of h2o
in the atmosphere has been increasing. What could possibly go wrong?

How about an atmosphere with 5% h2o to kick it up another notch or
two.

A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
sec worth of moon tidal force to contend with. Ice is actually a good
insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage.

~ BG

BradGuth
2009-12-01 15:20:13 EST
On Dec 1, 7:12 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends

A global warming analogy to something we mortals might better
understand:

If I from 10 paces unloaded a full AK-47 clip at you, and somehow not
one of its bullets managed to pass through body; does this mean that
my AK-47 and its gauntlet of bullets are not a present nor future
threat?

In many areas of Earth those storms are much worse, and the amounts of
h2o in the atmosphere has been increasing. What could possibly go
wrong?

How about an atmosphere with <5% h2o to kick it up another notch or
two?

How much water is getting artificially evaporated per year?

How much of our artificially evaporated water is mixed with co2?

A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
sec worth of lunar tidal force to contend with. Ice is actually a
good insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage, and ice/
snow also reflects <90% of solar energy that would otherwise warm the
ground or ocean by absorbing <90%. On the long run, which is better?

~ BG

Hagar
2009-12-01 15:26:32 EST

"BradGuth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:aff013ac-5b80-4454-96b4-602f5354c253@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 1, 11:49 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> "BradGuth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1a60c5dc-edf1-40e2-aeb8-5baddc0b21aa@u8g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 1, 7:12 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
>
> > Beeert, see if you can do better in 2010 .....
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/ap_on_re_us/us_hurricane_season_ends
>
> We got lucky, or are you saying that a near miss is the same thing as
> not getting nailed by a lethal bullet with your name on it?
>
> Are you saying global warming is not causing horrific problems?
>
> ~ BG
> ************************************
> No, but it says a lot about the phony science concocted by you
> Global Warming freaks, who predicted an ever increasing slew
> of Hurricanes, Typhoons and Tornados with your of sniveling
> "Climate Change" lamentations, so all your other apocalyptic
> predictions should be taken with a huge rock of salt, as well.

In many areas of Earth those storms are worse, and the amounts of h2o
in the atmosphere has been increasing. What could possibly go wrong?

How about an atmosphere with 5% h2o to kick it up another notch or
two.

A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
sec worth of moon tidal force to contend with. Ice is actually a good
insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage.

~ BG
***********************************
You're avoiding the topic by babbling like the madman you are ....



Nightcrawler
2009-12-01 15:58:10 EST
Right, because it is frozen? That's brilliant.

A warm planet is stable, it is the interim stage that is problematic.

"BradGuth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff013ac-5b80-4454-96b4-602f5354c253@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
sec worth of moon tidal force to contend with. Ice is actually a good
insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage.

~ BG



BradGuth
2009-12-01 16:24:00 EST
On Dec 1, 12:58 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:
> Right, because it is frozen?  That's brilliant.
>
> A warm planet is stable, it is the interim stage that is problematic.
>
> "BradGuth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:aff013ac-5b80-4454-96b4-602f5354c253@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
>
> A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
> seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
> sec worth of moon tidal force to contend with.  Ice is actually a good
> insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage.
>
>  ~ BG

Your all-or-nothing analogy is noted, as is your ruse of pretense that
you already know all there is to know. (gee whiz, who needs Einstein
or anyone else when we've got Nightcrawler and his vast army of
Zionist Nazi Republicans)

Where does a warm planet store the energy differential in a seasonal
tilted situation, as with Earth? (you may use Venus as an example)

A global warming analogy to something we mortals might better
understand:

If I from 10 paces unloaded a full AK-47 clip at you, and somehow not
one of its bullets managed to pass through body; does this mean that
my AK-47 and its gauntlet of bullets are not a present nor future
threat?

Just because a given storm, drought, flood, earthquake, volcanic
eruption or meteor/asteroid impact doesn’t manage directly impact your
quality of life in any negative way, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t
affect the lives and environment of others.

In many areas of Earth those storms are much worse, and the amounts
of h2o in the atmosphere has been increasing. What could possibly go
wrong?

How about an atmosphere with <5% h2o to kick it up another notch or
two?

How much water is getting artificially evaporated per year?

How much of our artificially evaporated water is mixed with co2?

A cooler planet is simply a more stable planet, especially of such a
seasonal tilted planet like ours, not to mention our having a 2e20 N/
sec worth of lunar tidal force to contend with. Ice is actually a
good insulator as well as a terrific form of energy storage, and ice/
snow also reflects <90% of solar energy that would otherwise warm the
bare ground or dark ocean by absorbing <90%. On the long run, which
is better or worse?

~ BG

Nightcrawler
2009-12-01 20:33:07 EST

"BradGuth" <bradguth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cf1bb55d-9981-4596-9248-f4be95dc7bef@p35g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 1, 12:58 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:

<ignorant blather snipped>

Where does a warm planet store the energy differential in a seasonal
tilted situation, as with Earth? (you may use Venus as an example)

<rest unread and snipped>

********

Venus can't be used as an example.

1) Virtually zero tilt
2) Very slow rotation
3) No oceans
4) No tectonic activity
5) No magnetosphere (well, weak and not core driven-- linked to #4 above)
6) All Carbon and Oxygen bound in CO, CO2, SO2 with traces of water vapor
7) Atmosphere 93 times the mass of Earth's atmosphere (ha! a gas ocean)

All of the above leads to a volumetric heat capacity that is well out of the ball park in
contrast to Earth.

(And, no, #4, above, is not the result of not having a moon)



BradGuth
2009-12-01 21:25:40 EST
On Dec 1, 5:33 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:
> "BradGuth" <bradg...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:cf1bb55d-9981-4596-9248-f4be95dc7bef@p35g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> On Dec 1, 12:58 pm, "Nightcrawler" <Dirtyde...@dirtcheap.net> wrote:
>
> <ignorant blather snipped>
>
> Where does a warm planet store the energy differential in a seasonal
> tilted situation, as with Earth? (you may use Venus as an example)
>
> <rest unread and snipped>
>
> ********
>
> Venus can't be used as an example.
>
> 1)  Virtually zero tilt
> 2)  Very slow rotation
> 3)  No oceans
> 4)  No tectonic activity
> 5)  No magnetosphere (well, weak and not core driven-- linked to #4 above)
> 6)  All Carbon and Oxygen bound in CO, CO2, SO2 with traces of water vapor
> 7)  Atmosphere 93 times the mass of Earth's atmosphere (ha! a gas ocean)
>
> All of the above leads to a volumetric heat capacity that is well out of the ball park in
> contrast to Earth.
>
> (And, no, #4, above, is not the result of not having a moon)

You missed the point. Pick any planet w/o ice, and tell us where
global energy is stored and/or cycled to/from.

btw; the 5832 hour rotational period on Venus is 121.5 days worth of
a nighttime season, which makes an even better winter phase to go
along with the 121.5 day summer season.

The Venus atmospheric mass is closer to 103 times greater than our
atmosphere, and its apparent tilt is 3 degrees, and that trace of
water is only worth a good 500 teratonnes.

~ BG

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron