Research Discussion: U.N. To Debate Contact With Extraterrestrial Civilizations

U.N. To Debate Contact With Extraterrestrial Civilizations

Andrew W
2009-11-17 03:58:27 EST

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/UN-ET.06.htm

U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations

Institute for Cooperation in Space

U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations Decade
Of Contact & Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s

For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly
will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with
advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of
Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General
Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in
Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was
Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.

Almost to the day twenty-seven years ago, on December 18, 1978, the United
Nations General Assembly voted to approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N.
Member States "to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level
scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including
unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the
observations, research and evaluation of such activities."

Then U.S. President Jimmy Carter then supported the U.N. General Assembly's
decision. Carter himself had a close Encounter of the First Kind with a UFO
(Night Light) in October 1969, in the company of 10 members of the Leary,
Georgia Lion's Club while he was running for Governor of Georgia. Four years
later, while Governor of Georgia, Carter filed a public UFO sighting report,
dated September 18, 1973.

UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT

Former Canadian Minister of Defence, Hon. Paul Hellyer has requested that
the Canadian Parliament hold hearings on the issue of relations with
Extraterrestrial civilizations. On September 25, 2005, at the Toronto
Exopolitics Symposium held at Convocation Hall, University of Toronto,
former Minister of National Defence Hellyer stated: "UFOs, are as real as
the airplanes that fly over your head."

He stated, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be
used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war
without us ever having any warning. The time has come to lift the veil of
secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there can be a real and informed
debate, about one of the most important problems facing our planet today."

Over 630,000 registered journalists and 283,000 registered media outlets
world-wide have downloaded a November 24, 2005 Thanksgiving Day (USA) Yahoo
News story of Mr. Hellyer's request to the Canadian Parliament.

Mr. Hellyer, Canada's former Minister of Defence, supports a United Nations
Decade of Contact. In the introduction to a recent book, EXOPOLITICS:
POLITICS GOVERNMENT AND LAW IN THE UNIVERSE, by ICIS International Director
Alfred Lambremont Webre, Mr. Hellyer writes, "To turn us in the direction of
re-unification with the rest of creation Alfred Lambremont Webre is
proposing a 'Decade of Contact' - an 'era of openness, public hearings,
public funded research, and education about extraterrestrial reality.' That
could just be the antidote the world needs to end its greed-driven,
power-centered madness."

A United Nations Decade of Contact has four Objectives: (1) DISCLOSURE -
Governmental disclosure related to Extraterrestrial Presence; (2) DECADE OF
CONTACT - Public funding of a 10 year process of public education and
research about the Extraterrestrial Presence; (3) DISARMAMENT - A permanent
ban on all space-based weapons and warfare in space through a Space
Preservation Treaty Conference; (4) DIPLOMACY - Public Interest UNITED
NATIONS Diplomacy with ethical Off-Planet Cultures now visiting Earth.

The Disclosure Project, a U.S.-based non-profit organization, on May 9,
2001, held a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
in which numerous high-level military-intelligence, governmental and private
sector witnesses publicly described experiences and evidence establishing
that advanced Extraterrestrial civilizations are interacting with our
terrestrial civilization at this time.

A military-intelligence spying technology known as "remote viewing"
originally developed at Stanford Research Institute in the mid-1970s by Dr.
Hal Puthoff and Russell Targ has yielded replicable data regarding the
existence of Off-Planet cultures now visiting Earth.

On May 20, 2005, Brazil, a major U.N. Member Nation took official measures
in support of a United Nations Decade of Contact. The Brazilian Air Force
(FAB) openly allowed examination of classified UFO documents in several
military facilities in Brasilia, the Federal Capital.

The United Nations General Assembly has voted in favor of a treaty banning
weapons and warfare in space. The last time a United Nations vote was held
on this issue was on December 8, 2003, when the General Assembly voted 174 -
0, with four lone abstentions (Israel, Marshall Islands, Federated States of
Micronesia, United States of America).

Reached for comment, one Non-Governmental spokesperson stated, "We are
certain 2006 will be a banner year for official disclosure of an advanced
Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade
of Contact."

CONTACT:

Institute for Cooperation in Space(ICIS) - 1-877-266-7337
Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd
http://www.peaceinspace.net

Non-Governmental Organizations Contact:

Toronto, Canada: Victor Viggiani, Exopolitics Toronto Symposium
Tel: 905-278-5628
http://www.exopoliticstoronto.com

Washington, D.C.: Dr. Steven Greer, The Disclosure Project
Tel: (540) 456-8302 (Office)
http://www.disclosureproject.org

UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
http://www.un.org/ga/60/

If you are a hard skeptic then you haven't researched or questioned enough.
If you believe something too much then you have the same problem.

"Andrew W" <removethis_ajwerner@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/UN-ET.06.htm
>

> U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations
>
> Institute for Cooperation in Space
>
> U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations
> Decade Of Contact & Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s
>

> For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly
> will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with
> advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

Hahaha. HAHAhahahaha! BWAHAhahahahahahah!

> [...]
> Tel: 905-278-5628
> http://www.exopoliticstoronto.com
>
> Washington, D.C.: Dr. Steven Greer, The Disclosure Project
> Tel: (540) 456-8302 (Office)
> http://www.disclosureproject.org
>
> UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
> http://www.un.org/ga/60/
>
> http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/1/prweb326765.htm
>

> --
> If you are a hard skeptic then you haven't researched or questioned
> enough. If you believe something too much then you have the same problem.

"Andrew W" <removethis_ajwerner@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/UN-ET.06.htm
>

> U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations
>
> Institute for Cooperation in Space
>
> U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations
> Decade Of Contact & Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s

Wow ... these poor guys are ever soooo overworked .... how do they
deal with it all these pressing issues ......

Rex
2009-11-17 22:37:50 EST
Andrew W wrote:
> http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/UN-ET.06.htm
>

> U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations
>
> Institute for Cooperation in Space
>
> U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations Decade
> Of Contact& Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s
>

> For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly
> will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with
> advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.
>
> On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of
> Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General
> Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in
> Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was
> Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.

<snip>
Interesting how a google search on the topic only turns up UFO
conspiracy sites. Not one link pointing to this on the official UN site,
www.un.org.
After all, a UN General Assembly resolution ought to be recorded
somewhere right? It's not something you can brush under the carpet.
And if the answer is they're covering it up, why announce it in the
first place and then redact it?

PS- if you have better luck finding a link to this on the UN site, let's
see it.

-------------------------------------
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils.
-------------------------------------

Andrew W
2009-11-17 23:48:51 EST
Rex wrote:
> Andrew W wrote:
>> http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/UN-ET.06.htm
>>

>> U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations
>>
>> Institute for Cooperation in Space
>>
>> U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations
>> Decade Of Contact& Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s
>>

>> For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General
>> Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic
>> relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now
>> be visiting Earth. On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a
>> United Nations
>> Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President
>> of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the
>> Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental
>> Organization. President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the
>> United Nations from 2000 to 2005.
> <snip>
> Interesting how a google search on the topic only turns up UFO
> conspiracy sites. Not one link pointing to this on the official UN
> site, www.un.org.
> After all, a UN General Assembly resolution ought to be recorded
> somewhere right? It's not something you can brush under the carpet.
> And if the answer is they're covering it up, why announce it in the
> first place and then redact it?
>
> PS- if you have better luck finding a link to this on the UN site,
> let's see it.
>

> -------------------------------------
> Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils.
> -------------------------------------

Here's one.
http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/55/a5520.pdf

--
If you are a hard skeptic then you haven't researched or questioned
enough. If you believe something too much then you have the same
problem.

Rex
2009-11-18 01:25:16 EST
Andrew W wrote:

> Here's one.
> http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/55/a5520.pdf

Interesting.
Quote:".At the 464th meeting, a special presentation was
made by the representative of IAA on the IAA position
paper entitled “A decision process for examining the
possibility of sending communications to extraterrestrial
civilizations”. The Committee, on the basis of the presen-
tation, agreed that the Office for Outer Space Affairs
should retain a copy of the position paper on file for
review."

So looks like they're trying to codify processes in the event of an
official 'first contact' situation.

The rest of the document seems mostly about space treaties.

If I recall- there was a Cold War treaty banning use of nukes in space.
So to get around that, the US military are considering this:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-06/rods-god

-------------------------------------
Sevareid's Rule: "The chief cause of problems is solutions."
-------------------------------------

"Rex" <rexdudeREMOVEANDREVERSEDOMAIN@liam.ur> wrote in message
> Andrew W wrote:
>
>> Here's one.
>> http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/55/a5520.pdf
>>

> Interesting.
> Quote:".At the 464th meeting, a special presentation was
> made by the representative of IAA on the IAA position
> paper entitled \ufffdA decision process for examining the
> possibility of sending communications to extraterrestrial
> civilizations\ufffd. The Committee, on the basis of the presen-
> tation, agreed that the Office for Outer Space Affairs
> should retain a copy of the position paper on file for
> review."
>
> So looks like they're trying to codify processes in the event of an
> official 'first contact' situation.
>
> The rest of the document seems mostly about space treaties.
>
> If I recall- there was a Cold War treaty banning use of nukes in space.
> So to get around that, the US military are considering this:
>
> http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-06/rods-god
>
> -------------------------------------
> Sevareid's Rule: "The chief cause of problems is solutions."
> -------------------------------------

I'm sure their darts are aimed at our satellites, just like ours are trained
on their satellites. All these so-called treaties are mere lip-service
balm for the jittery masses, to prove that the Politicos have a handle
on things ... which, of course, they don't.

Rex
2009-11-18 10:21:56 EST
Hagar wrote:

> I'm sure their darts are aimed at our satellites, just like ours are trained
> on their satellites. All these so-called treaties are mere lip-service
> balm for the jittery masses, to prove that the Politicos have a handle
> on things ... which, of course, they don't.

The system is meant for ground attack by dropping rods..not at each
others' satellites.
Then again, even the space shuttle has had classified military missions
in the past, so there's no telling what's really been put in orbit.
It's not like anyone else can go up and check what the satellites
actually do.

-------------------------------------
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
-- Harry Warner of Warner Brothers, 1925
-------------------------------------

> The system is meant for ground attack by dropping rods..not at each
> others' satellites.

Ya. The 'rods from god' has been talked about for years.

They would make a great bunker-buster without
that pesky fallout that you get with a mini-nuke.

> Then again, even the space shuttle has had classified military missions in
> the past, so there's no telling what's really been put in orbit.
> It's not like anyone else can go up and check what the satellites actually
> do.

Ummmmmm. Yes we can. And do.

Rex
2009-11-18 10:58:25 EST
HVAC wrote:
> "Rex"<rexdudeREMOVEANDREVERSEDOMAIN@liam.ur> wrote in message
>>
>> The system is meant for ground attack by dropping rods..not at each
>> others' satellites.
>
> Ya. The 'rods from god' has been talked about for years.
>
> They would make a great bunker-buster without
> that pesky fallout that you get with a mini-nuke.
>

>> Then again, even the space shuttle has had classified military missions in
>> the past, so there's no telling what's really been put in orbit.
>> It's not like anyone else can go up and check what the satellites actually
>> do.
>

> Ummmmmm. Yes we can. And do.

I mean no one else is going to examine military satellites that the US
has in orbit, not like they can physically grab hold of one and see what
it's doing. Nobody else has anything like the space shuttle- to drag a
satellite into its bay for repairs as was done for the Hubble.

"It's not *you* that is the problem, it's all
the other people on the net."
-- Peter da Silva