Research Discussion: Jap Warship Rams Commercial Vessel

Jap Warship Rams Commercial Vessel

TOKYO — A Japanese navy destroyer has rammed a commercial vessel off
southern Japan, starting fires on both ships and injuring one crew
member, defense officials said Tuesday.

The destroyer JS Kurama collided with the South Korean container ship
Carina Star on Tuesday night in the Kanmon Strait near the southern
main island of Kyushu and both were engulfed in flames, a defense
ministry spokesman said on condition of anonymity, citing protocol.

One Kurama crew member was slightly injured, the official said.

Public broadcaster NHK said none of the South Korean ship's crew
members were injured. It also said the Japanese ship's bow was
damaged.

TV footage showed orange flames rising up from the vessels in the
dark. The collision site is about 530 miles southwest of Tokyo,
between Kyusu and the western end of the Honshu main island.

The Kurama was on its way to its home port of Sasebo on Kyushu after
serving as the flagship for the country's triennial fleet review
Sunday at the port of Yokosuka.

Last year, a collision between a destroyer and a tuna trawler off the
coast of Chiba, near Tokyo, left two fishermen dead. That accident
triggered an uproar in Japan, where many people harbor pacifist
sentiments and remain sensitive to anything related to the military.

Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa quickly held a news conference and
apologized for the accident.

"We deeply apologize to the people for causing concerns," he said. "We
will quickly find out what caused the accident."

Kitazawa said the government has set up a taskforce to investigate the
collision.

Double-A
2009-10-27 17:29:04 EST
On Oct 27, 9:42 am, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TOKYO —  A Japanese navy destroyer has rammed a commercial vessel off
> southern Japan, starting fires on both ships and injuring one crew
> member, defense officials said Tuesday.
>
> The destroyer JS Kurama collided with the South Korean container ship
> Carina Star on Tuesday night in the Kanmon Strait near the southern
> main island of Kyushu and both were engulfed in flames, a defense
> ministry spokesman said on condition of anonymity, citing protocol.
>
> One Kurama crew member was slightly injured, the official said.
>
> Public broadcaster NHK said none of the South Korean ship's crew
> members were injured. It also said the Japanese ship's bow was
> damaged.
>
> TV footage showed orange flames rising up from the vessels in the
> dark. The collision site is about 530 miles southwest of Tokyo,
> between Kyusu and the western end of the Honshu main island.
>
> The Kurama was on its way to its home port of Sasebo on Kyushu after
> serving as the flagship for the country's triennial fleet review
> Sunday at the port of Yokosuka.
>
> Last year, a collision between a destroyer and a tuna trawler off the
> coast of Chiba, near Tokyo, left two fishermen dead. That accident
> triggered an uproar in Japan, where many people harbor pacifist
> sentiments and remain sensitive to anything related to the military.
>
> Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa quickly held a news conference and
> apologized for the accident.
>
> "We deeply apologize to the people for causing concerns," he said. "We
> will quickly find out what caused the accident."
>
> Kitazawa said the government has set up a taskforce to investigate the
> collision.

What about the uproar in Korea, where many people still remember 35
years of Jap occupation, second class citizenship, being allowed to
only speak, read, and write in Japanese in the schools, and mandatory
prayers to Japanese Emperor!

Double-A

TOKYO \ufffd A Japanese navy destroyer has rammed a commercial vessel off
southern Japan, starting fires on both ships and injuring one crew
member, defense officials said Tuesday.

**************************************
An investigation revealed that the Navy ship was aware of the commercial
vessel and attempted maneuvers of evasion. The crew of the freighter
heard voices yelling "Go Light ... no, go Reft" ... alas, by the time they
found
a dictionary, it was to late ...

Double-A
2009-10-28 13:23:32 EST
On Oct 28, 7:19 am, "Hagar" <ha...@sahm.name> wrote:
> "HVAC" <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> TOKYO —  A Japanese navy destroyer has rammed a commercial vessel off
> southern Japan, starting fires on both ships and injuring one crew
> member, defense officials said Tuesday.
>
>         **************************************
> An investigation revealed that the Navy ship was aware of the commercial
> vessel and attempted maneuvers of evasion. The crew of the freighter
> heard voices yelling "Go Light ... no, go Reft" ... alas, by the time they
> found
> a dictionary, it was to late ...

Afterward they all calmed down and ate their flied lice!

Double-A

Lord Vetinari
2009-10-28 13:53:16 EST
"Double-A" <double-a3@hush.com> wrote in message
[snip]
> What about the uproar in Korea, where many people still remember 35
> years of Jap occupation, second class citizenship, being allowed to
> only speak, read, and write in Japanese in the schools, and mandatory
> prayers to Japanese Emperor!

What about fucking yourself, you little racist shit? It'll do you good.

"Double-A" <double-a3@hush.com> wrote in message

> What about the uproar in Korea, where many people still remember 35
> years of Jap occupation, second class citizenship, being allowed to
> only speak, read, and write in Japanese in the schools, and mandatory
> prayers to Japanese Emperor!

Don't forget the massacres inflicted upon the civilian population or the
'comfort women' who still feel the pain of the humiliation they suffered.
The Japs and their apologists have very short memories.

--
J Young
J*s@live.com

> An investigation revealed that the Navy ship was aware of the commercial
> vessel and attempted maneuvers of evasion. The crew of the freighter
> heard voices yelling "Go Light ... no, go Reft" ... alas, by the time they
> found
> a dictionary, it was to late ...

LOL "Rook Out!"

"Lord Vetinari" <vetinari@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Double-A" <double-a3@hush.com> wrote in message
> [snip]
>> What about the uproar in Korea, where many people still remember 35
>> years of Jap occupation, second class citizenship, being allowed to
>> only speak, read, and write in Japanese in the schools, and mandatory
>> prayers to Japanese Emperor!
>
> What about fucking yourself, you little racist shit? It'll do you good.

Bend over, you Lezbo hog, I'll cure you from what ails you ...

Lord Vetinari

> "Lord Vetinari" <vetinari@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> "Double-A" <double-a3@hush.com> wrote in message
>> [snip]
>>> What about the uproar in Korea, where many people still remember 35
>>> years of Jap occupation, second class citizenship, being allowed to
>>> only speak, read, and write in Japanese in the schools, and mandatory
>>> prayers to Japanese Emperor!
>>
>> What about fucking yourself, you little racist shit? It'll do you good.
>>
> Bend over, you Lezbo hog, I'll cure you from what ails you ...

I'm what you wish you could be - a man, and no milquetoast, either.